Most successful people have learned how to use different aspects of visualization techniques to help achieve goals. Our mind is a very powerful tool that we have been gifted with to use as we choose. And if we are not already doing so, we can learn to harness the power of visualization to create better outcomes in our lives.
At every moment we have choices as to how we will use our bodies and minds. We can choose to use them to our advantage to create better lives for ourselves. Or, like most people, we can just continue to get similar results and circumstances into our lives day after day, year after year. These people are usually the ones that complain about how life is hard and unfair.
However, if they understood that we can all develop our mental powers to create amazing lives for ourselves, they would never again need to worry about lack, limitations, fears, and sorrows. Because, with the correct application of our minds, we can remedy every ill, we have the solution for every difficulty, and we can fulfill our every desire.
How can visualization techniques help me achieve my goals?
Visualizations can only manifest when we experience them as ‘ALREADY COMPLETE.’ This means we must send signals to our minds that our goals and dreams are our current reality. Because our minds don’t know the difference between what we are visualizing, and what our ‘current reality’ is, our powerful subconscious mind will then direct our lives to ensure what we are visualizing becomes our reality.
How will practicing visualization be of benefit to me?
The cure to our suffering, our lack, and our desiring is in the proper application of ourselves (mentally, emotionally, and physically.) Each of us has it within us to achieve ALL our desires.
First, we need to understand that every moment is important, an essential part of the play of our lives. When we realize this, will we begin to use every moment to grow ourselves to maximize our potential. And then, our lives can truly become an adventure worth living.
Personal growth and development are something we are naturally drawn to as we evolve. It takes a certain level of understanding to realize that we actually have far more control over our circumstances than most people think. And once we realize this, we can focus on developing our potential. The best way to do this is by using the natural laws of manifestation/attraction to mold our lives into the wonderful experience we wish them to be.
Visualization is one of many tools we can use to directly influence what we are attracting. Various techniques have been used by the most successful people throughout history to help them achieve their goals. Visualization gives high achievers the ability to super-concentrate and manifest their desires with confidence and seemingly ease. From business people, elite athletes, and inventors, (Nicola Tesla and Einstein), visualization allows every one of us to become the creator of a better reality for ourselves.
Why does visualization work?
Our universe works according to uncompromising laws, the most important being The Law of Attraction. We are ALL creating the current content of our lives because of the beliefs we hold…. Our beliefs (the most often repeated thoughts) are ‘ATTRACTING’ our abundance, love, joy, etc. or lack of these things, as our daily experience. No one else can assert into our experience, so our lives are our sole responsibility.
This means that for our lives to improve, it is we who must change. Visualization work by changing OUR beliefs and thoughts and organizing these energies in a singular direction towards our goals. Once our energy (vibration) is aligned with our desires, according to The Law of Attraction, the physical manifestations must occur.
So, all we have to do to attract our desires is to see them as already done. We must convince our powerful minds that the outcomes we desire have already happened. This contradiction creates a conflict within our powerful subconscious minds between what we are visualizing and what we currently have.
Our subconscious minds don’t like conflict, so they seek a resolution by working to create a new reality to match what we are envisioning. To help, our subconscious sends us inspiration and motivates us in new ways to help us achieve our goals and dreams.
Are all visualization processes the same?
Psychologists talk about two different ways of visualizing.
‘Process’ visualization is where we focus our attention on each of the various steps required to achieve our goals. And ‘outcome’ visualization is where we concentrate on the outcome we desire. Both are valid and both will achieve desired results. And both can be used together.
For me, I like to focus on outcomes. This means that I don’t need to worry about all of the processes involved. Instead, I can allow the process to unfold naturally in the best possible way without my limited understanding and beliefs get in the way. By doing this, I am often surprised and excited by the unique way’s my goals unfold naturally and with ease.
What is the best way to manifest a better reality using visualization techniques?
If you are like me, you would have been told off numerous times by the teacher in primary school for daydreaming. It’s just part of the natural functioning of the creative right side of our brains. Unfortunately, in the days I was at school, the teachers took it upon themselves to try and remove this creative ability and instead fill our minds with left-brained logical stuff. Blaaaah……
My daydreaming often involved imagining a better future than what my probable future would become. I imagined myself, in vivid detail, achieving my goals and living the life of my dreams. My imaginings always involved more wealth, love, success, strength, and confidence than was typical for my family and friends families. And yes, now I have all that, and so much more.
However, daydreaming often lacked the specific intent that goal creation requires. My thoughts would often go off track as I was easily distracted. Although the daydreaming process works, it is not as powerful as visualization where we remain singularly focused on our goals and desires for short periods each day.
I always kept my visualization practice simple and follow along with a basic outline provided by Shakti Gawain in her influential book Creative Visualization. This book made a huge impression on me when I first read it over twenty years ago. I highly recommend reading it if you haven’t already.
The method she popularized is as simple as:
- Decide what you wish to achieve.
- Sit down in a quiet place where you won’t be disturbed.
- Close your eyes and allow your breath to find its own natural rhythm.
- Visualize your goal clearly. Make the mental image as alive as possible by adding colors, sounds, smells, and movement.
- Believe that your goal has been accomplished, or is in the process of happening.
- Feel the joy NOW that you will experience when your goal comes true.
- Repeat the process every day, for 5 to 10 minutes. The more you do it, the quicker the results.
- Do not allow doubts and disbelief to enter your mind. Then go about your day with a refreshed and positive attitude.
What else can I do to get the most out of my visualization practice?
1. Always frame things with you having positively
achieved your goals and dreams. Allow no struggle or doubt in your vision. “It is done in the best possible way!”
2. Create a visual image of what you wish to achieve. It may be a vision board or a photo that is placed where you will view it often. This continually re-establishes the importance of your goals to your subconscious mind.
3. Have a different photo or affirmation card for each goal and carry the most important ones with you. Look at them often during the day and immerse yourself in the ‘FEELING’ of what it is like NOW THAT YOU HAVE ACHIEVED THIS GOAL.
4. Review your goals first thing in the morning and last thing at night. This sets us up for a happy night’s sleep and a great start to the morning.
5. Add meditation to your daily routine. Twenty minutes a day is great, but as little as ten minutes will be beneficial. Meditation
is a relaxation process and is ideally suited to be followed with a short visualization. While our bodies and minds are calm, relaxed, and open, they are more able to accept and process our visualizations.
6. Do not overthink things. If something is really important to you, you will already know what the experience of having it will be like. Don’t think about ‘HOW’ it will be yours. This is not your concern. Trust that the creative power of the universe will line things up in such a way that you will receive your desires.
7. If you are having trouble seeing pictures, use one of your other senses to give you a realistic experience of having the objects of your desires. Know that all of our senses are equally valid.
If you lose focus, just pick it up again. There is no right and wrong here. There are just those who do it again and those who give up. Be good to yourself, and you will be motivated to keep going forward. With time our brains will become rewired and strengthened in ways that support the creation of our desires.
What are 7 benefits of having a regular visualization practice?
1. Visualizing helps us to become very clear about what we wish to achieve. This makes it easier to recognize the resources, ideas, and people that will enable us to manifest our desires.
2. Visualizations evoke The Law of Attraction which draws the people, events, and circumstances to us that are beneficial for achieving our desires.
3. It strengthens our mind’s ability to focus, building neural pathways that benefit all aspects of our lives.
4. Our motivation is increased and so is our excitement as we begin manifesting our desires
5. We become more confident and this flows into all aspects of our lives.
6. It helps alleviate stress within our lives. Our visualizations of success let us know we can achieve our desires and that there is nothing to fear.
7. Visualization activates our creativity which allows unique solutions to our problems to come forth.
Visualization techniques are all about maintaining our mental focus on particular outcomes, or a ‘lifestyle’ that we wish to become our actual experience. The more vivid we can make our thoughts, images, and feelings, the quicker we will achieve our desires.
Everything that we as humans have created was first visualized or imagined. The concepts of all our buildings, technologies, and designs were first dreamed of in someone’s mind. New innovations require a lot of imagination. However, when we just want to manifest love or abundance in our lives, we are lucky that we can model our dreams on stuff that already exists. We don’t need to ‘reinvent the wheel, so to speak.
With this in mind, if you wish to have a particular new car, go and sit in it, take your photo with it, smell it, taste it, touch it, and listen to it. And then remember all these stimuli in your visualizations without fail. And if you don’t offer any contradictory thoughts into the equation, the object of your desire will soon be yours.
So, how’s your life? Are there things you want to achieve and have that are not part of your current experience? Why not begin a visualization practice today to reset your powerful subconscious mind to begin working towards your dreams.
I wish you much love and respect and hope all your dreams come true,