As we evolve ourselves, our lives begin to change in ways that many of our family members, friends, and other associates may not understand. And this is perfectly normal and very ok. So don’t be discouraged if they don’t like what you are doing, because the truth is that most people know and understand you as you are and they don’t want you to change.
Evolving can be thought of as moving ahead or becoming better than before, and because the most significant changes are taking place within our internal environment (thoughts, feelings, and emotions,) they are not easily measurable, or necessarily even noticeable to others, (unless they know us very well.)
So if you are into self-discovery and self-improvement, you mustn’t let yourself become discouraged or disheartened because of what other people may think about the new choices you are making. Never let yourself be put off by others who have no desire to grow themselves, and therefore have no understanding of the journey that you are on.
What does to evolve mean?
Typically, for the general population, most people base their whole lives almost exclusively around their five senses. What we can see, hear, taste, touch, and smell, are given priority in our minds and we act and react according to this information and the resulting thoughts and beliefs we have are because of this sensory information.
For example, if we hear a sudden loud sound that has frightened us in the past, it is likely we will have a similar reaction and think similar thoughts that we had last time when hearing it again. In this way, the typical human is living life in autopilot mode, a victim of their subconscious mind programs.
However, as we consciously choose to evolve ourselves (because nobody else can do it for us) we will become less reactionary and more aware of our ‘selves’ and the surrounding environment. In effect, we become more conscious of the world, how we are interacting with it, and our place in it.
Because internal change is often slow and not really measurable, how do I know if I am evolving?
Believe me, you will know if you are evolving.
Your life will never be the same again, and once you have consciously chosen a path of personal growth and development, there is no going back to ignorance. I don’t mean this is a negative way, but merely that you cannot unlearn what you have learned.
You can try to ignore it, try to pretend that it doesn’t exist, but once your eyes have been opened to greater potential, your soul will keep putting you directly in the path of lessons that will promote your further growth and development. And if you direct your new energies and wisdom properly, it becomes impossible to return to a repetition of past bad habits and mistakes.
We have many choices available to us every day, and one choice is to try to pretend that we never opened the door of self-reflection. I seriously don’t recommend this as the longer and harder we fight against our inevitable growth, the more painful our lives will become. This is just nature’s way of ‘encouraging’ us to walk along a path that is for our ultimate benefit.
Thank you nature, god, source energy, spirit, for having my best interest at heart and using pain as a tool to encourage me to discover what is best for me, hahaha (I can quite happily laugh at my previous torment now that I am older and wiser, but it wasn’t always that way.) Sometimes letting go of our past habits, friends, and beliefs, can be painful! (but not for long.)
How will I change as I grow as a person?
- You will become comfortable spending more time alone, just to do the things that you want to do
- You become more conscious of your thoughts and their relationship to the way you feel
- You notice that your thoughts are your choice, so you purposefully begin to choose thoughts that make you feel good, because, why wouldn’t you want to feel good?
- You become aware that there is much more to life than what you can perceive with your five senses, and you do your best to learn more about the energetic aspects of ourselves
- You become more compassionate towards all life because you understand that ALL LIFE is connected, interdependent, and is in fact ONE ENERGY at the most subtle level of creation
- You are able to feel more deeply for people, but you will care less about what they think about you
- You are no longer stressed out when things don’t work out as planned. You accept the lessons, learn from the experience, and move on
- You will become more aware of the value of time. It is a finite resource, and every moment wasted is a moment that we could have used more wisely to take us closer to achieving our goals
- You will become more aware of your body, your mind, and your emotions, and how they are interconnected. You want to bring them into balance and harmony so all aspects are working together for your highest good
- You become more conscious of what impact you are having on the environment, so you tread with respect, will the goal of doing no harm to all other life forms (including yourself)
- You stop comparing yourself to others and are happy with who you are
- You appreciate all that has happened in your life, as you now understand that all of your experiences were necessary to get you to where you are now, and all experiences have helped to provide the impetus for continued growth and development
- You choose experiences over ‘stuff’ because you know that the happiness gained by having stuff is short term, whereas the growth gained by new and exciting experiences accumulates, and from it, we become experience rich and wiser, which further expands our hearts and our minds
- You will laugh more often and more deeply because you are generally happier than you have ever been before
- You begin to attract the things you want more quickly and easily, and seek to understand why and how you can actually get everything that you want in this life
- You will be less inclined to judge other people, events, and situations because you know that judgment serves no useful purpose. Instead, you seek understanding
- You know that you are capable of so much more and enjoy challenging yourself just for the potential personal growth that you will gain
- You are not afraid when things change as you see change as an opportunity for more growth
- You choose to meditate or sit in silence so you can come to ‘experience’ your body, mind, and emotional states more profoundly
- Instead of looking for faults, you will begin looking for the things that you love and appreciate in others
- You are honest with yourself and others because you understand that honesty is always the best policy for all concerned
What effect will these changes have on my life?
- You will seek out new opportunities for continual growth. This may mean new friends that share a common desire for growth, new places to hang out (the pub after work may not be the best place to raise your vibration,) and new experiences that take you beyond your comfort zone
- You will spend your time wisely doing things that are important to you instead of wasting time doing unimportant stuff
- Your circle of friends may change to become more like the emerging you and people that are not evolving with you will naturally fall away from your life
- You will seek out people, events, and places, that make you feel good because you know that feeling good in each of life’s moments adds up to a happy and rewarding life
- You set clear goals after reflecting upon and giving careful consideration to, how you want your life to be in the future
- You take positive actions that will lead you to achieve your goals
- You begin to make more conscious choices concerning your health because you understand that what you eat and drink, how much you exercise, and how consuming social media and crap TV, have a direct and profound effect on your mental, emotional, and physical health
- You consider the impact on the environment of your purchases, so you choose items with less packaging, are natural and renewable, and are easily recycled or biodegradable
- As your sense of self-worth increases, you will be less likely to settle for things and you will expect better outcomes for yourself and others
- You will have more free time and more energy because you have stopped getting involved in other people’s dramas, and you use this time wisely
- You stop being critical of yourself because you realize that life is a journey and all the steps along the way are important for your growth and development
- You stop being worried, concerned, or unhappy about things that are outside of your ability to control because you understand that there is no advantage to you feeling bad when you can do nothing about it!
- You seek out experiences that will challenge you and help you to grow in understanding and experience, just for the fun of it
- You notice that the ‘right’ people turn up in your life when you need them to help you get to ‘the next level’
- You no longer put off the things that need to be done. You ‘clear the plate’ so to speak, so that every day you can wake up knowing that you are free to begin again unburdened by the distractions and problems of the past
- Your thoughts and actions are for the good of ALL concerned because you know that all life is intimately connected and ALL THAT YOU DO, YOU ARE DOING TO YOURSELF
Evolving requires that we use the power of our whole brain
People who embark on the adventure of self-discovery eventually realize that they are in possession of higher instinctual and intuitive energies. These energies have always been with us, but have remained dormant in most of us because of the way we were educated. We have been taught through mainstream education to rely on logic and reasoning (which are left hemisphere brain functions.)
As we wake up to our potential it becomes evident that we have only been living half a life and that the deeper meaning and experiences of life can only be realized when we begin developing, integrating, and utilizing, the enormous power of the right side of our brains (creative, energetic side.)
The aim is to bring ‘balance to the force’ which means merging both hemispheres of our brains so that we can understand and maximize our potential. Up cannot exist without down, in without out, good without bad, black without white, male without female, and we cannot fully understand life until we integrate both sides of our magnificent brains, the left/male/logical and the right/female/intuitive sides.
The better things get, the better things get!
It’s quite natural for us to feel lost and confused when we begin questioning our lives and undertake a journey of self-discovery and growth. Growth is change, and initially, change can be frightening. However, it is only fear of the unknown that freaks us out. It helps us if we can remember back to times we have undergone change and have loved the outcomes.
In this way, we can reprogram our subconscious mind to believe that change is a good thing and is for our ultimate benefit. We will then lose our fear when faced with new challenges and opportunities. Change then becomes something we look forward to with anticipation of the good things that it will contribute to our lives.
However, for now, please understand that feeling lost, confused, or unsure if you are doing the right things is quite normal, and is a necessary stage you must go through before you can arrive at your new and improved reality.
If you are ever unsure of what to do next, just be still and just let go of the need to ‘know.’ Trust that your soul is happy with your current reality, and has your best intentions at heart and that, IN THE END, EVERYTHING ALWAYS WORKS OUT FOR THE BEST!
After all, IT’S THE JOURNEY THAT YOU ARE HERE TO EXPERIENCE, not the destination…. The destination is a departure from this physical body or death, and nobody wants to rush to that destination.
So, enjoy where you are now, and enjoy the reflection, the planning, and the journey, because, that is what life is all about!
I would be grateful if you let me know in the comments below: What are the biggest changes you have personally experienced on your journey of growth, and What are the biggest changes that have occurred in your life as a result of your journey?
“Every valuable human being must be a radical and a rebel, for what he must aim at is to make things better than they are.” Niels Bohr
Shared with the hope of making the world a better place, one soul at a time,