In my post ‘What does to evolve mean?’ I defined evolving as ‘to come forth, gradually, into being more of your potential.’ So, evolving means growing, changing, developing into something more than we currently are. But, what does this actually mean in terms of how evolving changes us as individuals?
Our lives and how we see and interact with the world changes as we evolve because it is impossible to change and still remain the same. Our personalities, our expectations, our beliefs, and our desires, become upgraded and will reflect the new potentials that we realize are available to us.
The idea of dramatically changing who we are freak’s a lot of people out. They prefer the stability and security of knowing who they are and how they fit into the world around them. They know who they can count on, what they are capable of doing, how much they earn, what they will have for lunch tomorrow, and where they will go on holiday at the end of the year.
However, over time everything changes, and there is nothing we can do to prevent this fact of life. So, we either embrace change with an open heart and mind or do as some people do and fight against it until our last dying breath. I seriously don’t recommend this option as it just causes mental and physical pain, disease, and basically a crappy daily life experience for us.
Evolution is a process that gifts us beneficial results!
The only lasting resolution to our pain and suffering is to be found in a quest to realize the truth of our divinity. WE MUST EVOLVE TO END OUR SUFFERING AND TO BECOME FREE!
A word of warning…. Be aware that after embarking on a journey of Personal Growth and Development towards Enlightenment, there is no going back. You can never again switch off the light to that which has been illuminated.
If you chose to change, then change is what you get, and some of it is painful. The pain is because we realize that our current ego-identity is built on a foundation of lies. We will be taken on a journey away from our familiar ego-based life into unknown zones of ultimate truth….. AND IT’S ALL GOOD!
Currently, so many people seem to be devoid of purpose and this leaves us feeling disconnected, unsure of ourselves, and not knowing how ‘we fit in’ in the great scheme of things. A quest for self-help and self-improvement will lead to the answers to these, and all other questions.
Individuals and humanity’s evolution can be likened to ‘waking up.’ It’s a call for us to re-familiarize ourselves with our essential spiritual essence, to the source of all life.
Evolving is becoming aware of a ‘much larger game’ than the life we have currently accepted as ‘ours.’
We have been conditioned, and trained, by our modern education systems to focus almost entirely from the left (analytical, language) side of our brains. Because of this, our understanding of reality has become very dependent on the language we use and the analytical processes we use to decode our environment. Many people have the opinion that ‘if science can’t prove it, then it’s not true, or doesn’t exist!’ This excludes so many, as yet, unproven realities and severely constricts our understanding of life.
When we (and science) are operating from the left side of our brains, we are very ego-centered and consider ourselves as individuals who are in competition with other individuals for resources, love, jobs, etc. and also in competition with nature, the very source of our lives. This is basically madness!
The left side is only fifty percent of our brains, and when we view life and ourselves from this limited perspective, we only get some of the picture, we get things wrong, and we miss vital connections that would allow us to fully comprehend life and our relationship to it.
Our thoughts, feelings, and emotions, are also energy and they affect our environment. Evolved people understand this, and this is why they act with more purpose and intent than people with less self-awareness.
So, instead of living life in a ‘reactionary mode,’ EVOLVED PEOPLE WEIGH THE CONSEQUENCES OF ALL THEIR THOUGHTS AND ACTIONS because they know the truth that ALL ENERGY COMES FROM THE ONE SOURCE. We are ALL multi-dimensional spiritual beings that are connected by THE ONE SOURCE ENERGY. So whatever we do has an effect on us (Law of Attraction/Karma) and all other life.
Evolved beings know instinctively that whatever we set in motion will be returned to us, that every effect (consequence/condition in our life) is a result of a cause (our thoughts, words, actions, and reactions.) Universal laws dictate that it cannot be any other way!
How do we know if we are evolving?
Unlike external changes in our lives, internal changes to our psyche are not as easy to recognize.
It’s easy to understand that yes, we brought a new car, renovated the kitchen, are wearing a new dress, am healthier due to the exercise we are doing, or have more money in the bank.
But how do we know if we are evolving?
It’s not so easy to measure ‘inner’ changes as they are taking place on a subconscious, conscious, emotional, or spiritual level. But, the changes accumulate, are profound, and lasting and become noticeable to ourselves and others as time goes by.
- You become more aware of your thought patterns and the effect your thoughts have on how you act and react to life’s events
- You give up being a ‘victim’ and instead proactively seek solutions to your issues and problems
- You stop making excuses as to why you can’t do things and instead ‘grow’ yourself to become able to do all the things you want
- You no longer let your emotional state of being be affected by what other people may think or say about you
- You never ‘react’ negatively for any reason and instead choose to ‘act’ in the best possible way at all times
- You define clear goals and set out to achieve them with purpose and determination knowing that you are in control of and responsible for your life circumstances
- You are ok when other people have points of view that differ from yours because you understand that it all adds to the diversity and ‘color’ that is life
- You accept responsibility and apologize when you are wrong
- You love and respect yourself even if you are ‘not yet’ perfect, because you know that life is a journey, and you are well on your way
- You bear no ill will towards anyone for any reason.
- You can forgive and forget because you know that your ill-feeling towards others is only hurting yourself
- You are patient with yourself and everyone else because you know it is the journey that is important, not the destination
- You allow people to make their own mistakes because you understand that this is how they learn and grow into better versions of themselves
- You are excited to wake up every day knowing that ‘today is going to be a great day!’
- You finally realize that you are good enough and have always been good enough 🙂
Evolving, by its very nature, is a selfish journey
Evolving ourselves is of vital importance so that we can create the best possible life experience for ourselves. To do this, we have to be selfish, because NO ONE ELSE CAN DO IT FOR US, JUST AS WE CANNOT DO IT FOR ANYONE ELSE.
So, it almost seems that we are obligated to work on ourselves to raise our vibration?
After all, the only people who wouldn’t want to make the world a better place for them having been in it are the people with no connection to their hearts, the people who lack any form of compassion and empathy. And I know if you have read this far, then you are definitely connected to your heart energy.
So, together let’s make the world a better place just because we have been here. One by one we will overcome the darkness from within and wake up to our true nature to become filled with light or ‘enlightened.’
I really want to contribute to making the world a better place, so how do I evolve myself?
This website, Healthy, Wealthy, Happy and Wise, is dedicated to personal growth and development, to spiritual evolution, to raising our potential, to becoming more and experiencing more of the possibilities that life has to offer.
You will find many articles of interest posted here if your intention is to create a better life for yourself and your loved ones. You may like to start with:
- Practicing gratitude and appreciation
- Be open to new learning and new experiences
- Look deeply into nature for inspiration
- Meditate to bring peace to your busy mind so you can hear your inner voice
- Learn to breathe fully and deeply
- Practice mindfulness to become a more conscious creator of your life circumstances
- Unclutter your life. Get rid of stuff that is holding you back, keeping you trapped in the past
- Stay away from people, places, events, etc. that bring you down
- Be loving, kind, considerate, and compassionate to all beings
- Forgive and let go of resentments, fear, anger, and hate
- Become empathetic and understanding of other peoples situations
- Be direct, honest, clear, and authentic
- Have integrity and do the things you say you will do
And always, always, always, love yourself unconditionally, at all times, and for all reasons!
Some tools to help us evolve our potential and improve our life experience can be found in these posts:
Shared with love and respect for all beings who have chosen to participate in this game of life.
May your journey be an enlightening experience!