Sure, your life might suck sometimes or even a lot of the time. And yes, I get that you think your life would be so much better if you didn’t need to suffer at all….. However, it is to our benefit to have some challenges in our lives to stimulate us to grow and improve beyond who we are now.
I can imagine that if you had been living a very stable and comfortable life for the past 5 years, that you would also be bored out of your brain by now, and also thinking that your life was somehow broken and in need of fixing.
The ideal situation would be if there was some sort of middle ground. This would be where we are not too complacent and comfortable, and where we are not bored, overly challenged, or suffering for too much of the time.
How do we get to this place…. a place where life is challenging us enough that we can mentally, emotionally, physically, and spiritually grow, while not beating the crap out of us, leaving us feeling that the game of life is too challenging and we don’t want to play anymore?
Why Can’t I Fix My Life?
If you are breathing, you can make some positive changes to your life. The reality is that everyone has problems, it’s just part of being human…. What is important is how you deal with the stuff that you don’t like. You can lie on the couch, consume junk food, and watch brain-numbing TV….. or, you can get off your ass and do something every day to make your life a little, or a lot better! Basically, it’s your life and it’s up to you to make it what you want….
Why Do You Think Your Life Needs Fixing….. How Bad Is It Really?
When we have a belief that something is good or bad, it is always just a measure against what we’ve had before, or what we see going on around us….. and this means that everything is relative. So on a scale from bad to good, how broken is your life now?
– Are you homeless and having to fight the birds and rats for food from the local rubbish dump?
– Did the person you like choose to go out with your friend rather than you?
– Or, didn’t you get the exact graduation present you wanted? Maybe your new Porsche is the ‘wrong’ color, or worse still, maybe it’s last year’s model! Ohhhhhh, whoa ways me!!!! How could your parents do this to you…. Don’t they know anything about the pain you are in????
– Worse still, you could be the parent who does everything they can to make their kids happy. You spend way too much time in the office to make the money to buy them everything they want….
…. and then when you buy what you think will make them happy, THEY’RE STILL NOT HAPPY!!! And you have sacrificed so much time working FOR THEM, instead of spending time with them… wow, life can really suck at times!
Ok, Maybe I’m being a little over the top here, but the important point I want to make is that you are not alone….
EVERYONE HAS STUFF IN THEIR LIVES THAT CAUSES THEM TO SUFFER TO VARYING DEGREES!
You’re Not Alone In Your Belief That Your Life Needs Fixing!
What purpose would life serve if there was nothing to challenge us? For life to be interesting and for growth and expansion to occur, we need to be challenged…. and this by definition means being exposed to stuff we don’t like and don’t want.
The ‘unwanted stuff in our lives is the stuff we need to fix. And it is only when we are exposed to it that our magnificent brains will pool our resources together and imagine a better life for ourselves and then, depending on our willpower, set out to make it our reality.
This is why we should never be concerned about having unwanted stuff in our lives…. it is the inspiration that we need to inspire us to make our lives better…
What we really should be concerned about is living an unchallenging life!
I’ve just read about a really interesting research project on Principia-Scientific.com that explains why an easy life is not in our best interests.
Utopia Leads To Extinction….. This is a study that was repeated many times and achieved the same results. It showed that when populations of mice were given everything they wanted to live their best possible lives, within not too many generations they became basically useless and unable to function properly…. And this always leads to their self-extinction.
And this also reminds me of a clip in the movie, The Matrix Reloaded, when Neo is talking to The Architect, and he learns:
“The first matrix I designed was quite naturally perfect, it was a work of art, flawless, sublime. A triumph equaled only by its monumental failure.”
Just a movie, but expressing a fundamental truth…. that without challenges, life has no purpose. It is the desire to grow and expand that gives us purpose, and without challenges, we are other life lose the will to live…
I’m hoping that this information will inspire you by helping you realize that just because your life may be difficult at times, doesn’t mean that it is broken and needs fixing….
Once you understand this, you are free to just get on with living in a way that is more pleasing for you instead of dwelling on what you consider to be ‘negative stuff.’
So, how would you just get on with it? What things can you do to begin living your life in a way that will make you happier?
‘Fixing’ (Changing and Improving) Your Life Is A Process That Anyone Can Learn!
1) Stop creating more problems for yourself! And essentially this means stop believing that your life needs fixing. The first step to positive change is to accept who you are and where you are right now. Just take a few slow deep breaths, with your eyes closed, and accept ‘this is who I am, and this is where I am in my life right now…. And it’s ok because from here, I get to choose the direction I want my life to proceed.
2) Remove as much toxicity from your life as possible. No one can make a better life for themselves based on the foundation that has gotten them to where they are now. Therefore, you need to begin getting rid of the worst elements/habits/people from your life to stop the negative influence that is preventing you from creating the better future you want.
It’s a good idea to cut out, or at least cut down, on alcohol, cigarettes, drugs, porn, toxic people, negative self-talk, and procrastination, just to name a few of the toxic things that are holding you back.
3) Start Living in the present. The best way to begin this is to set yourself up for a great day beginning first thing every morning. Positive self-talk increases your vibration…. and your vibration attracts the conditions, events, circumstances, and people to you. If your vibration is high, through The Law of Attraction, you will attract beneficial stuff into your experience.
4) Clean up your appearance, room, home, and work space….. It’s easy to get lost in all the crap we have around us, at home and work. Much of it doesn’t serve any real purpose and instead is just distracting our minds and keeping us repeating old habits. By getting rid of as much of this stuff as possible, you will minimize distractions in your environment, including your home, and this will enable you to think and act with more clarity.
5) Take some time out to consider why you think your life needs fixing, and how you would like your life to be. It’s easy to believe that your life sucks. However, is this thought based on anything real? Identifying why your life sucks, and how you would like your ‘better’ life to be, will give you a direction to move in…. This is important because if you don’t know where you want to go, you will not have a map of how to get there.
6) Write a better new story… You can fix your life… and as I just said, you have to know what it is that you want. Take some time to work out the details and then ‘rewrite’ your future in your imagination as often as you can. Reaffirming your ideal life with your thoughts, and feelings and with visualization, will help it to become a reality sooner rather than later.
“Brain studies now reveal that thoughts produce the same mental instructions as actions… the brain is getting trained for actual performance during visualization. It’s been found that mental practices can enhance motivation, increase confidence and self-efficacy, improve motor performance, prime your brain for success, and increase states of flow—all relevant to achieving your best life.” – Psychology Today
7) Prioritize what you need to do to make your new story your new reality. Once you know how you want your new life to be, it’s a good idea to determine what things you can do first that will give you the greatest benefits. This means that you have to be bold and proactive and actually do the things that need to be done.
8) Make better choices daily. All day, every day, we are making choices that affect us mentally, emotionally, physically, and spiritually. If we can improve the quality of our choices little by little, we will improve the quality of our lives. Better choices can include taking the stairs instead of the elevator, a green salad instead of another carbohydrate-laden meal, and watching an uplifting documentary rather than scrolling through social media….
There are many, many, ways you can begin improving your life each day….. It can also mean begin doing some of the things you have been putting off because they scare you and also doing more of the things that you enjoy more often.
9) Hang out with people who are like who you want to become. If you want to learn how to box, you go to a boxing gym. If you want to improve in math, you find a tutor or program that will teach you how to do it.
…. and if you want to be happier, healthier, and more successful, you need to begin hanging out with people that possess these qualities…. Why? Because you are not going to learn how to achieve these things by hanging out with the people and doing the things that have got you to where you are now!
And the sad truth is that most people are not yet willing to let go of the ‘broken’ lives they have even when they know that the future can be so much better….
Be Patient- Change Usually Does Not Happen Overnight!
Every small change you make is another small step on the path to a better life. And every major change you make ensures that your better life will come even more quickly.
It begins with self-acceptance and then a strong desire is needed for you to break through the bad habits that are keeping you stuck where you are.
No one said the journey to a better life is going to be easy, but everyone who has done it guarantees that it is worthwhile! And they did it one step at a time….. using the momentum of each small success as motivation to keep going.
So, spend some time thinking about what you want your future life to look like. Would you have more free time, more love, better health, greater wealth, and more confidence…..
…. You can have all these things, and so much more if you want. But first, you need to get over thinking that your life needs fixing. Instead, you just set about doing the things that need to be done to get you to where you want to be….
Life is a journey of growth and development, and if you follow the right processes, you will get to where you want to be….