Some people just seem to have crappy lives, and others don’t seem to have much to complain about. And for those whose lives are crappy, it seems only natural to want to know “Will My Life Get Better?”
However, there is never such a thing as a perfect life. Everyone has at some point on their journey suffered in some way or another, and maybe even often. The severity and the number of ‘bad events’ are different for us all, as is the way we deal with them.
However, for all of us, it is our responses to the stuff that determines whether we consider our lives suck, are awesome, or something in between. Yes, it is us who determine the quality of our lives. And it all comes down to the way we think, feel, and respond to what has happened, is happening, and what we think may happen in the future.
So, you have a choice to make…. Are you happy to sit around and wait for your life to get better (obviously not or you wouldn’t be reading this.) Or are you going to become a more active participant in your own life and do what it takes to make it better on your terms? Yes? Then read on to learn how……
Will My Life Get Better?
The short and sweet answer to will my life get better is yes and no….. Yes, your life will get better if you do something about it, and no it won’t if you do nothing to change the way you are. So, freedom from an unhappy life is in your hands, and it begins with every thought you have. Because every better thought makes you feel better. And just like magic, many uplifting thoughts will slowly but surely make your life better!
To have a better life you need to do things differently
The simple truth is that the way you have been participating (acting, responding, thinking, and feeling) in your life up until now has got you to where you are now.
And universal law dictates that if you keep having similar thoughts and feelings, keep doing the same things, and keep responding in the same ways, then it’s guaranteed that your life is not going to get any better! It will pretty much continue as it is now.
Unfortunately, most people don’t understand this. And so they waste may be years or even the majority of their lives waiting for someone else or something to happen that will magically make their lives better for them……
….. If this is you, I’ve got some really bad news for you, because it’s not going to happen.
You are here to live your life! And other people have their lives to deal with and sort out. This means that they’re not really that concerned with why you’re not getting your act together and making things better for yourself. It’s hard enough for them to deal with their own stuff.
Your life will only get better when you make the conscious choice to improve it and then do what is necessary to make it happen.
Ok, so some crappy stuff has happened in the past and it’s contributed to how you are feeling now, that your life is not good. The good news is that everyone has at some time suffered. We’ve all lost loved ones, made mistakes, been let down, didn’t get the dream job/partner/house…… But, hey we’re not defeated or dead yet!
Our life will get better, not because we get everything that we want, but because we become better people because of the character-building dramas that we go through, and triumph over. We experience stuff, we learn and we grow….. that’s just the natural order of things.
If we didn’t experience anything to trigger something new within us, there would be no personal growth and development. And then, really, what would be the point of continuing with an uneventful life???
Your life will get better when you know what you want and passionately go after it!
Here and now, you always have choices. When you wake up each morning you have a certain amount of freedom, depending on your personal circumstances.
Even if you lead a busy life, you can always choose to wake up 10 minutes earlier to start the day off the best way possible. Check out my post Building A Better Life Begins with the First 2 Minutes of Every Morning to learn more.
Then, whenever you have some free time, turn your thoughts towards the life you would like to create for yourself. Imagine what it would be like living that life now. Where would you be, who would be with you, what does it smell like, taste like, and feel like?
Our imagination is a powerful tool that gives us both direction and hope for a better future. And when we know the direction we want to be heading in, if our desire is strong enough, we will become committed to doing what it takes to get there.
Hope motivates us to apply for the new job, the move to the new city, to ask our secret crush out, to take a few more risks to get what we want…..
And it is this changing of our old and stagnant behaviors that brings about positive changes in our lives…
What are some ways to improve your life starting today?
– Stop complaining about how much your life sucks and look for something positive to engage your thought processes.
– Do not compare your life to the lives of others who you think have it better than you….. you never really know what is going on behind ‘their closed doors.’
– Stop doing the things that are bringing you down and begin doing more of the things you enjoy, more often.
– You stop expecting someone else to come and ‘fix’ you and take responsibility for your own life and the way you are feeling (it’s all about the thoughts you allow your mind to keep having.)
– Sit down and really consider what it is that you would like to be doing. Once you know, then set out a plan to make it a reality….. and make sure it is something that will be fun, exciting, or interesting so that you will follow through and be successful.
– Whenever you become aware of the negative voice in your head, immediately switch your thoughts towards something positive, something you like about your life. It could be an awesome memory or something you are passionate about creating. DO NOT LET THE NEGATIVE VOICE BRING YOU DOWN……
– Treat every new day as a new beginning. The crappy past that you no longer desire does not define your future. Today you can take a new road, talk to different people, learn a new subject, sign up for a new club, etc.…. The possibilities are huge, and it’s up to you to do something new so you will receive new and better results in your life.
“I cannot say whether things will get better if we change, what I can say is that they must change if they are to get better.” – George Christoph Lichtenberg.
– Become more conscious of your feelings. And when you are not feeling positive, change your thought processes back to thoughts that you know will make you feel better. Making a mental or written list of things you are grateful for is a powerful way to feel better quickly.
– Let go of any expectations as to how your life should be. The reality is that ‘it is as it is.’ And no amount of worry, disappointment, fear, anxiety, or stress is going to change it. These negative emotions will just keep you stuck in the place you are now. Instead, relax all expectations, accept the way things are, and make a great plan to move forward from where you currently are to where you want to be.
– Helping to make someone else’s life better will give you a huge rush. It’s very rewarding when we can give to others unselfishly. The heightened feelings you will receive may just be enough to spur you on to have a better life for yourself!
– Listen to your heart and begin to enjoy the challenges instead of seeing everything as problems or obstacles to your success. It helps to remember that life is continually unfolding and nothing lasts forever. So where you are now will not last…. This too will pass!
– Realize that life is a journey. And as such, it is the up and downs that give it flavors and meaning.
To have a better life, it’s up to us to do things better than we were doing them before!
If everything about our lives was great all the time, we would soon become very bored. We need diversity, contrast, and challenges to help us grow and evolve as individuals.
In the end, it is these things that make us better, stronger, and more resilient beings.
While you may consider that your life sucks at this moment because you don’t have everything you want, your life is still not over. So, the challenge for you, my friends, is to decide how you want the rest of your life experience to be, and then set out to make it your reality…..